University of Houston College of Medicine
The University of Houston College of Medicine was established in 2019 by the Texas Legislature in Houston, Texas. As a new college, UH College of Medicine has made it its mission to educate a diverse group of physicians who are compassionate and work to provide high-value care. By engaging with and empowering people in and around the community, UH College of Medicine is committed to making an impact.
In 2019, the University of Houston College of Medicine got in contact with AllofE Solutions in search for a curriculum management system, as it was in the process of opening their doors to students. After being introduced to eMedley’s eCurriculum module, the solution to the challenge became apparent.
The Solution: Implementing eCurriculum
UH College of Medicine customized the eCurriculum application module in eMedley to specifically fit its needs.
eCurriculum is a curriculum mapping system built specifically around individual programs’ needs. This means the school was able to customize courses, sessions, objectives, topics, and session types details. They then were able to import preloaded standards and competencies into the curriculum.
Based on the program’s curriculum structure, the system is able to determine gaps or overlaps within the curriculum based on standards, which will help improve the quality of the curriculum. UH College of Medicine also implemented the following components of eCurriculum:
- Session Scheduling – Times of sessions that are scheduled
- Reporting – Detailed reports regarding curriculum structure gaps and overlay
Customizing the Solution
Later on in their partnership, the University of Houston College of Medicine worked closely with AllofE Solutions to implement custom features within eCurriculum to fit their specific needs including:
- Customized Session Plan Form: Allowed sessions to be printed, added storage for comments, and allow administrators to view or deny the plan forms.
- Calendar View Toggle: Faculty could toggle between viewing their own sessions and all sessions
- Automatic Review: When a session was created, all instructors could automatically receive view permissions
- Ability to Print: Received the ability to print from session and curriculum calendar
As the University of Houston College of Medicine continues to educate dedicated and mindful health care providers, AllofE Solutions looks forward to their continued partnership and education program support through eMedley.